|Job Ref:||204739961||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Salary:||£48000 - £50000/annum Car||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
We are looking to recruit a Network Engineering Consultant to be based onsite at one of our clients in Telford.|
About the role
The Network Engineering Consultant is responsible for a mixture of design, delivery and support for Network solutions supporting Capita and its customers. The successful candidate will hold Current SC Clearance (or candidate will be submitted for, and expected to attain Security Clearance (SC) classification).
A Network Engineering Consultant is required to collaborate with business stake-holders and customer representatives to understand and translate business requirements, into appropriate technical solutions to meet both business and commercial needs.
Candidates are expected to have demonstrable, large-scale Network Architecture experience, combined with good consulting skills and an understanding of how network technologies impact on...and are impacted by other IT infrastructure technologies.
Candidates should have in extensive real-world Network Support and Delivery experience, preferably with some experience in Network Design as part of a team.
About Capita | Updata
Capita Updata is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide a range of networking and connectivity services to public and private sector clients and have a reputation for excellent service combined with an innovative approach to achieving best value for its clients. We have a strong reputation across the public sector as a provider of IT networks that help schools, councils and health bodies deliver improved services.
What you will do:
* Be able to translate customer business and technology requirements that can vary in detail, and produce high quality network solutions, at both high and low levels of detail.
* Be able to work to defined standards, often against challenging timescales.
* Provide direct, credible and authoritative interaction with ITES colleagues and customers alike.
* Actively contribute to continual service delivery improvement.
* Act as a SME and mentor to more junior Network Engineering staff.
Your experience will include:
* Key technical skills include:
o Routing & Switching (Cisco Catalyst / Nexus and Juniper)
o Firewall Solutions (Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, or Juniper)
o Load Balancing (F5)
* Candidates are expected to be capable of working at a senior level, and will hold a combination of relevant accreditations such as:
o Cisco CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCDP
o Checkpoint CCSA/CCSE
o Be working towards Cisco CCIE or JNCIP/JNCIE
* WAN (MPLS, CPE & Exchange design)
* Campus LAN & Security solutions
* Candidates with specialism's in Network Security, Cisco UCS or with experience in the design of large scale WAN/ISP environments are of particular interest.
* Any exposure to Cisco Wireless, Avaya CM, Cisco UC, Lync & Lync Enterprise Voice and SIP Reference Architectures would be of benefit.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a company car or car allowance 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us