|Job Ref:||204739805||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Lead Software QA Engineer |
Established in 2008 Avecto is a global security software company. Its innovative endpoint security solution, Defendpoint, protects over 6 million endpoints at many of the world`s biggest brands, ensuring that strong security never comes at the expense of usability.
With ambitious growth plans and a culture of continuous learning and innovation Avecto provides a fast track for talent. So if growing your career, helping to prevent cyberattacks and working at a multi award winning company appeals, we want to hear from you.
Avecto is a Times top 100 company to work for and one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK, join the award winning team today!
Position: Lead QA Engineer
Location: Manchester - Relocation Considered
Benefits: We have created a fantastic work environment, allocated a training budget to help you continue your personal and professional growth and a long, long list of benefits.
About the role:
Due to tremendous growth, their Manchester office currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead QA Engineer to join their extraordinarily successful Quality Assurance Team. Your duties will include:
- Leading & driving a number of projects across a broad range of cutting edge technologies from the latest Windows desktop and server platforms through to cloud based systems such as Microsoft Azure
- Working in an Agile team, working closely with developers, UX designers and product management identifying test cases and writing test scripts, attending scrum ceremonies and tracking defects
- Responsibility for all levels of testing, including security, automation and performance tests
- Organising and planning work in sprints for yourself and other members of the QA team
- Leading and guiding test teams and developing test strategies
- Overseeing alpha and beta testing when required
- Implementing test processes and additional techniques within the QA department
The successful candidate will be a good communicator who can easily adapt to change and is excited by the prospect of working for a fast paced, innovative and exhilarating business. Essential skills and experience include:
- Degree (or equivalent level) education within relevant technical subject (Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT)
- Demonstrable experience working within Quality Assurance within a software environment
- ISEB Certification
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Quality Centre, Jira)
- Experience with a wide range of test software tools
- Excellent organisation, problem solving and communication skills
- Can adapt easily to change
- Strong influencing skills
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience of the security sector
You may have experience of the following: Lead QA Engineer, Software QA Team Leader, Quality Assurance, Software Development, Software Quality Assurance, Testing, Debugging, Test Plans, Agile Development, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications