|Job Ref:||204739645||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ashford||Address:||Post Code:||TW15||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Network Infrastructure Specialist - Ashford Middx|
Salary guide is £50-£55K.
The purpose of this role is to work within a client facing Technology Advisory Services team and more specifically as the number 2 to the director responsible for IT outsourcing service. This service provides technology consulting, technical project delivery and third line support to clients.
- Conduct IT reviews and assessments of client IT infrastructure
- Draft and present reports on the findings, conclusions and recommendations of IT reviews. Conduct and/or lead hands-on IT projects on behalf of clients
- Support the client-facing IT helpdesk by providing hands-on third-line support as necessary
- Be a source of knowledge and information to less technically experienced staff
- Recommend and draft IT and User Support policies and procedures for the IT Helpdesk
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the systems used by the supported client base and understanding of the client`s needs to guide and assist the support the team with supporting them
- Assist with the management and development of the IT Support Service
- Act as a principal point of escalation for the Service Desk Team on all issues associated with support calls and requests
- Ensure and encourage knowledge documentation to help the Service Support team with resolution of calls
- Participate in the development of support goals and objectives for the Service Desk team; recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations.
- Maintain a level of knowledge on new technologies sufficient to understand their applicability to the client base and to implement and support them, if appropriate
- Motivate and foster creativity, communication and team working.
- MCSE Windows 2008/2012
- Knowledge of working with Azure and Office365 technologies
- In-depth knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V virtualisation technologies
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Microsoft Exchange 2007+, Microsoft SQL Server 2005+ and Microsoft SharePoint 2010+
- Extensive daily operational service support leadership experience
- Knowledge of the operational and support of IT systems, hardware, software and peripherals. Knowledge of VB scripting and automation tools
- A good verbal communicator who enjoys and is at ease with conversations and meetings with client personnel at all levels
- Able to put interviewees at ease. Much of the work involves interviewing technical staff on a client site and the ability to put such staff at ease is a real attribute
- Capable of expressing recommendations under scrutiny and explaining them if challenged
- Capable of writing about technical matters in business English and of producing structured reports on findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Able to travel around the UK on business to meet clients and conduct fieldwork. Trips are typically undertaken within a day, but some may occasionally require one or two nights away from home.
- Able to interact at many levels including CEOs and support technicians and all in between.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THIS LOCATION.
Please note your CV will be reviewed against the vacancy criteria and we will contact you within one week if we wish to progress your application any further.
Copperfield Recruitment Ltd are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy and are an equal opportunities employer