|Job Ref:||204739370||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£450 - £535/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
IT Deployment Manager - up to £535/ day - 8-9 month contract - Croydon*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key government clients in Croydon who are looking for an IT Deployment Manager to manage the development and deployment of IT solutions. The successful candidate will manage change and risk management and the interaction between development and support services as well as take ownership of technical design decisions throughout the delivery.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Facilitating project decision-making around the appropriate way to achieve deployment
* Ensure service delivery adheres to the appropriate standards.
* Liaison with the Project Manager and supplier(s) to understand the scope, impacts and timescales of the proposed change
* Creating a deployment specific 'Go-Live Readiness Checklist' (based on a generic template for the service concerned), agreeing the required activities and responsibilities with the Project/Release Manager and managing those activities through to completion
* Arranging and managing an internal 'Go/No-Go' Decision Point with the HOB Programme Director and key stakeholders including supplier(s)
* Managing all business related communications through a structured Communications Plan
* As and when required, to secure commercial cover to enable third party suppliers to support the deployment
* To ensure that all relevant documentation has been completed to the required standard and has been entered into the change record in the service management tool
* To manage the Release Approvals Process for the Programme, working closely with the supplier(s) and Home Office Technology Release Assurance Manager to ensure that the change enters the HOT Change Management Process and receives timely implementation approval
* To be accountable for and manage the deployment/cutover into live service, being responsible for the decision to proceed on the day, monitoring progress against the Technical Implementation Plan, managing checkpoints identified in the Cutover Plan, issuing real time progress updates, dealing with escalations as required and handing over to Service Management upon successful completion of the change
* Sending stakeholder communications and updating the change record upon completion of the change
Essential skills and experience:
* Experience in delivering major projects and programme environments
* Exposure to IT deployment and cutover implementation
* Customer care, continuous improvement, risk management, communication and stakeholder engagement skills