|Job Ref:||204739082||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huntingdon||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
* Work as part of a project team to develop and test enterprise-ready business applications in a variety of configurations (e.g. web-based, desktop-based, service-based or scheduled processes).
* Produces entire solutions from scratch, or solutions that integrate with third-party applications, or solutions that interact with existing legacy systems. Is aware of and follows industry best-practice when developing applications and can justify design and development decisions based upon industry experience.
* Use programming languages and tools (generally) around the Java platform.
* Work with Business Analysts to identify and specify business requirements and translates these requirements into technical specifications (including Class, Sequence and other UML diagrams).
* Help Database Developers design databases and write efficient and effective database access code.
* Work with QA Analysts to develop testing plans and write the necessary code to automate testing in line with our Test-Driven Development methodology.
* Work with customers and project managers to deliver quality, effective software, in line with our Agile Development process.
* Diagnoses the root causes of systems issues using strong problem solving skills.
Researches and evaluate potential technical solutions to business problems.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar and, generally, at least five, typically eight (or more) years of enterprise-level, professional computing experience with preferably some gained in the retail sector. Experience equivalent to a degree will also be considered.
* Experience of working directly with customers and collaboration within a multi-disciplined team
* Driving licence
Experience of close Customer / Supplier Contract
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to collaborate well in a multi-disciplined team.
* Confidence when working directly with customers.
* Good judgement and experience of prioritising and working to tight deadlines.
* Ability to learn fast and share knowledge, experience and best practices with team mates
* Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of their work.
* Empathise with customers and communicate at the appropriate level.
* Take a level of strategic vision within their work
* Ability to use imagination to drive innovative solutions
* Understands and uses their impact within the team to provide leadership to junior staff
* Appreciation of their position within the wider roles & responsibilities of the DPS community
* Ability to work under pressure
* Practical approach to problem solving
* Able to document information and share knowledge with colleagues
* Follows a structured approach to their work
* Understands the importance of self-development
* Personal drive to succeed