|Job Ref:||204739071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£20000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
The Business Analyst will work in an Agile environment as part of a multi-disciplined team to manage a customer's requirements through its life cycle from initial analysis, documentation and development through to testing.|
They will be responsible for communication of any requirements to the project team as well as the wider business audience as necessary, and will be required to mentor and support other Business Analysts.
The Business Analyst / BA will document processes & requirements to ensure smooth workflow, using techniques such as Use Cases, User Stories, Wire Framing, Storyboards and Story Mapping. Fostering an atmosphere of strong communication, whilst building consensus on requirements and priorities on a range of projects. Projects will include augmentation of existing features and products as well as defining new features, products and mobile applications.
The BA will also be responsible for ensuring that any legal requirements and corporate strategy is adhered to when recommending change.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
* Experience of working with project methodologies in an Agile software development environment
* Good root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
* Strong in all communication skills: verbal, listening and written.
* Enthusiastic and energetic team player who can interact effectively and positively with people of all levels and abilities both internally and externally.
* Strong planning, organising, time and workload management skills, with the ability to delegate work where appropriate.
* Practical and structured approach to all aspects of the job role.
* Agile techniques such as defining user stories & acceptance criteria, story mapping, wire framing.
* Excellent customer focus.
* The ability to take on a Project Lead BA role upon request, delegating work, reviewing documentation and providing estimations where required.
* The ability to work under direction or independently and be self motivated.
* Identifies, understands, communicates and drives change where required.
* Maintains determination and performance under stress.
* Provides balance between customer needs and operational interests.
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency - understands the impact on the customer if there is a delay.
* Demonstrates dedication and a strong sense of customer service.
* Experience of the retail industry.
* Good decision maker with the ability to propose considered and creative solutions to suit both customer needs and strategy
* Experience of User Experience (UX) design
* Experience of working within a project team environment
* A drive to succeed.
* Actively seeks to develop themselves from within the company as well as the wider IT industry without direction from line managers.
* A team orientated person, prepared to share knowledge/experience and support colleagues even if not in the described job role
* Change oriented
* Always personable, courteous and approachable, even under pressure
* Has authority and credibility in both the customer's and colleague's eyes.
* Always acts professionally and with integrity
* Demonstrates respect for others and a willingness to take accountability for own actions