|Job Ref:||204746555||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £28000/annum Pension / Holidays||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:31|
Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Engineer - Windows / VMware |
A well rounded Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Engineer with excellent logical and analytical skills is required to join a growing software company in Leeds city centre. This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate IT professional who is seeking a challenging role with lots of learn to join an enthusiastic team working with the latest releases in technology.
About the role:
* The Infrastructure Engineer is required to support the underlying infrastructure that hosts client owned software developed internally.
* Be proactive with new technologies and innovative with new processes to help improve the efficiency and reliability of the support team/company offering.
* Configuration of new infrastructure for deployments
Following skills would be ideal but are not essential to your application:
* Knowledge or Windows Server / Linux (Redhat/Centos)
* Knowledge of Networking (Routing/Switching/NAT Policies)
* Supporting VMware Servers
* Knowledge of databases SQL/MySQL (Querying/Scripting/Database Installation)
* Experience of scripting in open source languages or windows (Powershell, Shell, PHP, Perl, Bash)
* Knowledge of webservers
As the Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Engineer, you will have some experience of working within a support environment supporting at least some of the technology above at a 2nd/3rd line level. You need to have a passion for IT to fit in with this role and team. In order to be successful you will ideally:
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Previous experience within an Application Support or Software support role or similar
The organisation are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career, who will bring with them a strong attention to detail and the desire to expand upon their current skill set.
Skills: Windows Server 2012, Linux, Redhat, CentOS, Networking, VMware, SAN, NAT Policies, SQL, MySQL, Scripting, IIS, Tomcat, Apache