|Job Ref:||204742903||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:32|
Coventry, West Midlands
Reports directly to:
Head of Engineering Systems
Strategic business unit:
Headquartered in the UK, Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 11,000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
Meggitt's civil aerospace presence covers large commercial transports, regional aircraft, business jets, helicopters and general aviation. Its defence markets cover all military aircraft types, land systems, naval platforms and aerial, land-based and marine threat simulation training and weapons systems development. The firearms element of this capability extends into law enforcement and security organisations.
The group's growing presence in energy is driven by our core fluid controls, heat management and sensing and monitoring capabilities, many of which are deployed to help reduce the maintenance costs, fuel consumption and carbon emissions of industrial gas and steam turbines.
The Engineering Architect will capture and develop requirements to allow them to produce design concepts that can be turned into solutions that meet the needs of the business. They will need to gain a good understanding of our current capabilities as well as be able to bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
This role will need to fulfill these duties in a complex, large and geographically separated
• Capture business requirements and create design concepts
• Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes
• Provide guidelines for implementing secure systems to customers or installation teams
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
• Design and conduct hardware or software tests.
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements.
• Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports or white papers.
• Staying current with group IS standards and industry trends and recommend potential improvements or benefits of new technologies
Key Performance Metrics
• Achievement of performance goals and objectives
• On time delivery of assigned tasks and projects
• Demonstrated knowledge of supported site technologies and environments
• Demonstrated collaboration with MIS team members
Key skills and competencies required:
• University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field
• Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of SmarTeam and Enovia is essential
• Multi-site experience is essential
• It is essential to have experience of designing solutions to enhance current tools such as CATIA v5, DOORS, MatLab, Accurev, Jira and LabView
• Experience in installation, configuration and troubleshooting of SmarTeam, Enovia CATIA v5, DOORS, MatLab, Accurev, Jira and LabView is preferred
• Advanced experience with Microsoft desktop environments (Office, Windows, etc.)
• Experience with VB-type scripting a plus
• Familiarity with ITAR and data export restrictions is ideal
• Understanding of custom application development and coding a plus
• Experience working with virtual servers in VMWare is preferable
• Familiarity with SAP in an engineering environment
• Experience developing and implementing support and administration procedures is preferable
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; experienced in prioritizing tasks ensuring that the most critical requirements are addressed first and at the earliest possible opportunity
• Strong team player adept at collaborating with team members to support a multi-site customer base is essential
• Some travel will be required