|Job Ref:||204742734||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:32|
Test & QA Consultant - Leeds, Up to £30,000|
Our client is a leading provider of software applications to the UK's social care and healthcare sectors. Due to consistent growth they now require a Test & QA Consultant to join their team in further developing their market leading Children's and Adults' Social Services software.
They use web based workflow solutions applications that include customer portals and mobile apps. They provide modern and intuitive user interfaces to support critical processes for both social care professionals and the public. You will play an important role in testing solutions in a service area that is comparatively advanced in its use of technology.
Responsibilities of Test & QA Consultant:
* Execution of test scripts, recording outcome of tests, escalation of defects and identified opportunities for product improvement.
* Creation and maintenance of test scripts and other documentation in keeping with existing and new practices within the QA team.
* Hands on testing of all functional modules of the Social Care System. Primarily manual testing.
* Liaising with other testers and implementation staff to facilitate the testing of in-house software.
* Working closely with members of the development team in order to provide test feedback.
* Involvement with the creation and maintenance of suitable test environments within the company's offices for all software testing to take place. This includes the set-up of the software being tested and test data.
Skill Set and Experience required for Technical & QA Consultant:
* Commercial applications testing experience.
* Good understanding of software testing techniques and test processes.
* Ability to understand software requirements/specifications and to interpret acceptance criteria and derive tests accordingly.
* Experience of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues.
* Experience of test management systems such as HP Application Lifecycle Management or Quality Centre would be highly desirable
* Knowledge of Social Care or Community Health Care systems would be beneficial (NOT essential).
* ISEB Foundation (desirable, not essential)
* Testing in an Agile development environment.
The Test & QA Consultant position is based in Leeds and will pay a salary in the region of £30,000 depending on experience
For further information on this opportunity, contact the team at Lewis Paige on +44 (0)20 (Apply online only) or visit our website at (url removed)
*Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes