|Job Ref:||204377358||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:48|
We are SCC - Specialist Computer Centres, Europe's largest independently owned IT services group. We have been established for over 40 years' ; have over 5,000 employees within Europe and a turnover in excess of £3 billion . We deliver innovative, business critical and cost reducing IT solutions to both private and public sector organisations and we now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented Problem Manager to be based at our Customer Response Centre in Birmingham . |
Overall Job Purpose:
To coordinate a rapid and effective cross-sectional response to problems including escalation, follow through , dissemination of workarounds and resolution advice leading to timely closure .
Day to day management of investigations into IT related problems in order to minimise or prevent future breaks in service .
To conduct detailed analysis of data gathered via the service management process in order to identify underlying issues and to develop effective responses aimed at improving or eliminating such issues .
Duties will include :
* Coordinate the investigation of problems via root cause analysis [following on from major incidents ] or through proactive trend analysis and monitoring .
* Ownership and management of problem records through to resolution within contracted service level .
* Provide focused guidance to all support teams and assist in their training and knowledge development .
* Initial recording of a problem into the management system .
* To determine and isolate the cause of the problem .
* To workaround or circumvent the problem and to notify affected clients and stakeholders .
* To resolve the problem by identification , implementation and verification of solutions .
* Assignment of ownership for resolving problems and follow up activity to ensure that the goals for problem resolution are met including escalation when required .
* Ownership of Management Alerting process.
* Proactively monitor problem resolution, analyse and highlight trends and root causes to the Service Desk Manager / Problem Manager / Customer Manager and/or relevant support teams.
* Input relevant service desk procedures in line with the support operation .
* Liaise with 3rd party suppliers to ensure processes are in place to ensure prompt resolution to events .
* Identification and escalation of process failures to the service desk manager .
* Trend analysis
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* Problem management experience
* Experience in customer /business communication and the ability to support a customer in the understanding of the ITIL structure and process and champion the problem management process aligning this with the customer's processes and expectations .
* ITIL accredited
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively .
* Good analytical skills with a structured and methodical approach.
* Highly organised and able to plan for short to medium term objectives .
* Ability to present to customers at all levels .
* Ability to work on own intiative towards individual objectives associated with the role.
We offer a highly competitive salary plus car or car allowance together with other benefits .
Then click the response button now