|Job Ref:||204746596||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Post Date:||28/10/2016 02:15|
Our client is an international Lift company who are looking for a Lift Service Engineers Manager to work from their Coventry office and cover the midlands area. |
Is this the role for you?
Main purpose of the job:
The Service Leader is the primary point of contact for customers within the business unit and is responsible for an area of Existing Installations (EI) within a Region. The Service Leader is responsible for managing all resources within their prescribed area in line with the Company rules, to meet the business targets for the Branch and ensure customer satisfaction.
Measured variables include:
Safety and Quality requirements and standards
Customer communication, portfolio retention and renewal
Business productivity & cost management
Employee recruitment and team development
1. Optimise the Region's staffing of service Engineers and Technicians, by planning the personnel needs, including route organisation, workloads and training. Match skills with route requirements and assign/delegate appropriate workloads, develop and sustain team spirit.
2. Manage maintenance portfolio from the service contract acceptance to the collection of bad debts including follow-up actions.
3. Deliver repair sales targets as determined by the Regional Director.
4. Execute leadership to Engineers and Technicians in matters of customer and employee satisfaction, adding value to the business, quality of work and operational efficiency.
5. Manage and follow-up actions of customer claims and complaints.
6. Conduct periodic quality and safety audits and inspections to ensure service levels and customer satisfaction.
7. Accountable for the identification and resolution of sick or rouge units, supervise and follow-up of work performed, including developing plans for sick units in cooperation with the Regional Technical Specialist.
8. Manage chargeable repairs from offer/sale to completion including the collection of bad debt along-side the credit control team.
9. Manage non-chargeable repairs to control costs as best as possible.
10. Support sales lead activities in the recovery lost units and the conversion of new Schindler products approaching warranty expiration date.
11. Supporting employee on the job training and skills development, including safety training and tool box talks in coordination with the Regional Technical Specialist and FQE.
12. Conduct at least monthly 'drum beat' meetings as a group or one to one as required with first line reports.
Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant technical or business discipline.
1. Proven track record of running a service business unit (five to seven years) in a related industry.
2. Proven track record in managing the customer interface
3. Excellent communicator and proven ability to build networks and relationships with internal and external customer base.
4. Proven experience in a management /leadership role
5. Proven experience of P&L responsibility
6. Knowledge of the Lift industry or Facilities Management
7. Proven technical and commercial awareness as it relates to the lift industry business would be desirable
8. SAP experience beneficial
NB. Some travel may be required
SALARY IS VERY COMPETITIVE AND ON THE HIGH END OF GOING RATE
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE IN THE LIFT INDUSTRY