|Job Ref:||204742569||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£50000 - £52000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Independent Safety Case Assessor - C&I|
Salary: £52,000 per annum
A leading Nuclear New Build project based in the South West is seeking a Safety Case Assessor to join their growing team. The Safety Case Assessor will have strong C&I experience and will support the Independent Technical Assessment process for Safety Cases and Modifications within the project as well as supporting the licence and consent applications, the design process and future operations.
* Assess the adequacy of design changes against relevant company, national and international Standards and relevant good practice.
* Support compliance with Nuclear Site Licence conditions 14, 19 and 20.
* Assess the adequacy of safety cases against company guidance documents such as the Nuclear Safety Design Assessment Principles.
* Present an independent view on technical and safety case issues to external Regulators and the Nuclear Safety Committee.
* Develop relationships and networks to understand the project plans and activities within area of expertise, in order to ensure that the Independent Nuclear Assessment is scheduled into the plan with adequate time
Skills and Qualification's
* Degree qualified in a related discipline.
* Demonstrable understanding and experience of using the relevant International Standards for example IEC61508 and IEC61513.
* An understanding of the requirements for assessing high integrity C&I (hardware and software)
* Safety Case Production and management with PWR experience being highly desirable.
* Practical experience of developing and implementing Nuclear Safety Case and Modification processes.
* Project experience highly desirable.
* Good understanding of quality arrangements required in UK nuclear regulated environment, with extensive experience undertaking assessments and working with engineering functions to safeguard and enhance quality.
* Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including CDM, Nuclear Site Licence, and Environmental Permit requirements, and how this relates to activities in the NNB project
Please apply below or for more information contact Michael Woodhead on (Apply online only) or send an up to date CV