|Job Ref:||204742536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Blackburn||Address:||Post Code:||AB21||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Maintenance Engineer (Dayshift)|
Salary: Circa £25,000 - £27,000
We are currently looking to recruit a mechanically bias Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to work alongside our existing Maintenance team and, to support our new and future automation technology. It would suit individuals who have a time served technical qualification and who are experienced in working in a manufacturing environment. The role will be diverse and multi-tasking and would ideally suit an individual with a mechanical bias.
Duties will include:-
- Carryout fault diagnosis and undertake timely repair of equipment in the following areas; Mechanical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Undertake planned preventative maintenance activities on automated production facilities
- Support equipment commissioning and installation projects on new machinery
- Prepare technical reports to analyse breakdown causes and make recommendations on countermeasures.
- Prioritising workloads, within the response/breakdown environment including maintaining fast response to plant stoppages, ensuring key processes achieve maximum uptime.
- Carrying out routine maintenance on all machinery new and old, including renovating worn or obsolete components when necessary.
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times
- The role will involve call out responsibilities and overtime working.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- Must have completed a recognised mechanical apprenticeship
- Be able to appreciate and respond accordingly to budgets and costs
- Have a reasonable level of mechanical aptitude
- Be experienced with pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of Robotics would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Basic ability to weld and machine e.g. turning & milling
- Be able to work at heights
- Must have driving licence
- Fork lift licence an advantage but training will be provided
- Good communications skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Flexible and be able to work as part of a team