|Job Ref:||204742276||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Melton Mowbray||Address:||Post Code:||LE13||Salary:||£25000 - £27000/annum £27,000 plus benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Job Title: Materials Scheduler|
Location: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000, plus benefits
My client is a market leading food manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Materials Scheduler to join their team at their site in Leicestershire.
The materials planner is responsible for ensuring materials are available to meet demand, through effective ordering and inventory control processes, liaising with a variety of internal and external parties, including suppliers and hauliers to ensure high levels of service are maintained both efficiently and cost effectively.
Reporting into the Planning Manager, the Materials Scheduler will be responsible for the following
• Daily systems update, challenge internally and externally as necessary to ensure integrity of information used to place orders of raw materials and packaging with suppliers
• Place orders with suppliers, ensuring deliveries are scheduled to meet production demand.
• NPD/EPD activity likely to affect future demand is to be reviewed weekly.
• Daily review of goods wastage & stock at risk reports to minimize waste.
• Identify and resolve day to day issues. Taking each case on its own merit, communicate and escalate effectively to both internal and external parties to ensure satisfactory conclusions
• Represent department at internal and external meetings as required. Report to team as necessary with key actions and updates. Feed back to meeting stakeholders with action updates as appropriate
• Ensure all additional investigations and reports are completed fully and accurately, making considered recommendations for change and implementing agreed changes to drive improvement
Ideal candidates must have previous experience within a FMCG or food manufacturing environment and this opportunity would offer a fantastic option for career progression.
We are looking for an experienced Materials Scheduler / Materials Planner ideally from a food background.
The person will need good Excel skills.
FMCG or food manufacturing industry experience.
• Salary £27,000 plus benefits.
• Stable and growing Company