|Job Ref:||204742265||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dorchester||Address:||Post Code:||DT1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Salary: £210 per day
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Duncan Moran -
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Scope of Post:
The SGHWR and Dragon Project Teams within the Reactors Decommissioning Programme manage the decommissioning of these reactors. The Project Teams require Technical Support personnel to support reactor decommissioning.
The roles are required to manage and provide technical information, provide direct technical support and assistance, and manage and control technical documents and records.
The main responsibilities of Technical Support include:
1 To prepare, maintain and manage technical information such as engineering drawings, reports and technical records.
2 To collaborate with and provide direct technical support to other project team members and contractors, e.g. carry out minor design work, calculations, etc.
3 To provide technical assistance to the project team for the development of decommissioning methodologies for nuclear plant.
4 To search for and provide current and historic technical information, relating to the plant being decommissioned, in support of maintenance or decommissioning work.
5 To provide and manage the control of technical documentation and records.
* Qualified to HNC/D level (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering or science discipline.
* Broad applied engineering background with circa 5 years relevant experience, preferably in nuclear decommissioning or an equivalent regulated industry. Candidates with an appropriate background who lack experience will be considered and training / development opportunities are available.
* Good CAD skills, preferably in Inventor and AutoCAD.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge and Expertise
* Flexibility and willingness to take on a range of technical tasks and challenges.
* Good IT skills, preferably with familiarity of Microsoft Office.
* Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively.
* Innovative, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
The post holder must be competent to meet the requirements of the post. The post holder will be required to undertake any training and development activities to demonstrably meet competency NA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us