|Job Ref:||204742138||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bury||Address:||Post Code:||BL9||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Bury (with travel to various sites)
Are you experienced Operations Manager with a Manufacturing, Construction, M&E background?
Have you managed multimillion pound projects?
Are you ready to take on your next long term career challenge within Operations Management? If so, this could be the perfect next role for you.
Responsible for handling the logistics, preparing budgets and inventories for projects, and overseeing the supervision of employees. The job holder will be expected to harness a working environment which encourages team work, energy and creativity. To achieve this, they should have strong leadership and excellent problem-solving skills along with good communication skills.
- Provides construction support for construction projects and proposals.
- Directs administration of construction personnel for construction projects.
- Develops construction execution plan for projects and proposals which minimises cost and duration of construction activities.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports performance of assigned construction projects senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Enforces and interprets division and department policies, standards, and procedures.
- Provides support for international offices and international projects for proposals, project planning and project execution.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountability.
- Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
- Understanding of Company practices, process and related impact on project activities.
- Structured approach to managing construction operations.
- Conceptual planning ability.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent and proven leadership skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Engineering & construction operations experience;
Ideally - Bachelor`s degree in engineering or construction.
Would you like training and exposure to other industries to further your career? If so, click 'apply` now or call Diane Jones at BPS World to be considered for this role