|Job Ref:||204742095||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the NA key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.|
Lead Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
Kier Workplace Services are currently seeking a technically competent, enthusiastic and flexible Lead Electrical Engineer to maintain a wide range of technical services at the prestigious Royal Opera House (ROH) in Covent Garden, NA in close conjunction with the account management team, this critical client-facing role encompasses the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance including supervision of approved third party suppliers to ensure the building is maintained to exacting standards at all times.
The hours will be a continental 4 on 4 off shift rota NA Responsibilities:
* Be the lead in a team of two operatives to be point of contact for all Mechanical & Electrical / Building Fabric queries.
* To perform all Mechanical & Electrical / Building Fabric, planned (PPMs) & reactive activities in accordance with Kiers quality management system including preparation for internal / external audits.
* Manage and ensure compliance is maintained at all times and statutory documentation is appropriately completed and filed in line with site and contractual requirements.
* Ensure the site asset lists are regularly reviewed and any variations are highlighted to the appropriate Kier team to ensure accuracy and compliance and all times.
* Regularly review performance of the third party suppliers highlighting non-conformances to the account management / procurement team.
* To generate and prepare additional projects works requests and submit to the client in a timely manner.
* Regular review and monitoring of the contract CAFM system ensuring tasks are managed in line with contractual requirements and contract KPI's.
* Effective communication with the central helpdesk function ensuring accurate information is maintained at all times.
* To achieve a prompt effective response to emergency situations being capable to diagnose faults and initiating action to prevent deterioration in environmental conditions within the premises.
* To respond to emergency call-out requests to ensure clients systems are not prejudiced and to maintain the continuity of site operation.
* To liaise, manage and induct specialist sub-contractors and engineers with other disciplines to ensure the efficient operation of the plant / area without disruption to the client.
* Ensuring Kier Health & Safety policies are adhered to at all times with both internal staff and external subcontractors.
* Management of the site permit to work systems ensuring visitors adhere to Kier and client policies and procedures.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
To become the successful applicant you will be multi skilled electrical /mechanical engineer with a service delivery background in a corporate / blue chip environment.
Excellent relationship management, organisational/communication skills and the ability to work under pressure are integral to the NA:
* High Voltage experience
* City & Guilds 236 part 1 & 2 or similar
* 17th Edition IEE wiring qualified
* HVAC & mechanical systems knowledge
* Experience in operating BMS
* Experienced in testing and operating fire & sprinkler systems
* In return we are offering a competitive salary, training/progression opportunities, pension and benefits.
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS NA Kier:
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer