|Job Ref:||204741869||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxfordshire||Address:||Salary:||£30000/annum + Pension, Free Gym||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:49|
An immediate opportunity has arisen for an Electrical and Controls Technician to join a leading supplier of innovative packaging technology to a worldwide blue chip client base.|
The successful candidate will be responsible for electrical design and build activities relating to the design of development equipment for packaging machines. You will have proven ability to meet challenging deadlines and targets within a dynamic project based environment and have experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering group.
* Responsible for the design and build of electrical systems for special purpose equipment including development test rigs and prototype machines
* Scope includes interpreting work briefs and functional specifications created from customer requirements, schematic, detail design, and support to commissioning, testing and validation
* Working in conjunction with a Controls Engineer, activities include: -
* Designing mains, motor and low voltage control systems
* Instrumentation and sensor specification for machine and process control
* Electrical system design, component selection and specification, and bill of materials
* Programming of PLCs, HMIs including touch screens
* Leading electrical design and build activities within a small team
* Supporting and mentoring an electrical apprentice
* Educated to a minimum HNC level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Engineering in conjunction with relevant experience.
* A minimum of 3 years proven ability in the design and build of electrical systems for special purpose machine assemblies, test rigs, preferably in a development environment
* An understanding of mechatronic principles applied to bespoke equipment design
* Experience of the design process from development of a brief through to final validation, with emphasis on quality and teamwork
* Competent in the use of 2D CAD (AutoCad) for electrical work along with proven hands-on experience gained from previous roles
* Knowledge of data capture for analysis and process development purposes
* Some knowledge and experience of site electrical work would be advantageous
* Must be available for occasional travel, predominantly within Europe
* Familiarity with machinery design standards, electrical regulations, BS EN60204-1, BS7671, EN ISO 13849 and other relevant design standards
For further information call Sharon Hill on (Apply online only) or NA. Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving up to £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis;
We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK