|Job Ref:||204741751||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£40000 - £52000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
A job has arisen for a Principal Electrical Manager to work for an organisation based in the West Midlands, the role is a permanent position and will pay between £40,000 - £52,000 per annum. The Principal Electrical Manager will be responsible for managing the reactive and planned long term maintenance programmes and the minor works service, working in conjunction with other members of the estates team.|
* Setting up and overseeing of systems to allocate and prioritise work, ensuring maintenance staff use the in house stores facilities, by correct use of the requisitions, issues and internal orders, through our computerised work recording system.
* Designing and implementing suitable management systems as required.
* Set up and maintain existing procedures and processes for controlling the standard of materials and workmanship on-site, to ensure compliance with specifications and a suitable level of productivity.
* Liaise with the contracts team to co-ordinate the work of in house personnel with that of contractors and work closely with designers to ensure that new works are consistent with existing infrastructure and future maintenance requirements are considered.
* Implement standard specifications for minor works and ensure the Estates good practice guides are followed.
* Ensures planned maintenance works are completed on time and within allocated budgets.
* Monitors budget expenditure and drives Value for Money.
* Reviews internal and external provision for PPM and reactive services.
* Produces electrical designs, drawings and specifications as and when required for minor works and planned maintenance improvements.
* Is the named responsible duty holder for the Electrical Installation including HV circuits and associated switchgear.
* Is the named duty holder for Lift installations.
* Formulate effective planned maintenance strategies for electrical equipment installations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
* Degree in Electrical building services or equivalent
* Management of electrical building services including HV and LV power distribution.
* Membership of a professional engineering or FM Institution
* Good experience of Project Management of Maintenance projects ranging from £5k to £500k.
* In Depth Knowledge of BS7671 related to internal and external electrical installations over a large and varied estate.
* Good experience working with Lifts and effective maintenance programmes.
If you feel you meet the criteria and would like to have a more confidential conversation about this position, please call Daniel Bamford on NA or email