|Job Ref:||204741692||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + call out & benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
A leading independent Lift Company is recruiting for a Lift Service Engineer for Birmingham.|
The successful applicant will need to ensure lift services are carried out efficiently on various sites on an assigned route whilst providing a high quality of customer service. You will be responsible for managing your service route, ensuring that all service and maintenance is carried out in a professional, competent and timely manner under the contractual obligations towards clients.
- Demonstrate faultfinding skills and knowledge of various types of lift equipment.
- Provide completed maintenance, service and repairs with a minimum number of call backs.
- Follow lift manuals and diagrams accurately when necessary.
- Relay all paperwork (e.g. timesheets, report sheets) accurately and timely to the Service Department.
- Use the Company's internal data transfer process on the handheld PDA to receive breakdown, service and repair sheets and return completed and sign works electronically.
- Liaise with on site lift inspectors on all ongoing job related matters including technical issues and outstanding works.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified to a minimum NVQ level 3 or equivalent (J Modules)
- Experience in the maintenance/call out on all types and manufactures Lift equipment
- Ability to follow lift manuals and diagrams
- Ability to adhere to health and safety requirements
- Excellent customer care skills with confidence to professionally handle sensitive or difficult situations
- Able to prioritise workload
- Possess an adaptable approach towards work