|Job Ref:||204741595||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rutherglen||Address:||Post Code:||G73||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum + plus Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
NB89 - Field/ Service Technician (Specialising in Door Entry)|
Location - Rutherglen
Salary - up to £28,000 per annum
Hours - Permanent - 39 hours per week
Benefits - pension, healthcare, death in service, season ticket loan, and discount gym membership.
* To carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Door Entry Systems.
Aims and Objectives
* To focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping to maintain its leading edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
* Ensure adherence to Health and Safety at all times
* To be responsive and cooperative and achieve the required tasks set
* Be part of a cohesive working team which aim to provide a high level of service to the client
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Door Entry Systems.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
* To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Door Entry Systems.
* To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
* To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
* Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of multiple sites.
* Assist other trades as necessary.
* Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
* To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
* To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
* To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc
Health & Safety
* All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect. Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
* Interface with Service Manager & Engineering Coordinator
* Interface with Client Representative, Service Providers and Material Suppliers
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
* An electrical or fire & security based Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
* Health and Safety Training
* GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
* Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
* City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
* Experience working on door access systems such as GDX, Entrotech, Videx Elvox, Fermax & Bell systems etc.
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
* Teamwork - actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams' effectiveness through personal commitment.
* Planning, Organising & Executing - able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
* Commercial Awareness - understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
* Risk Management - is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
* Adaptability - is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
* Drive for Excellence - aims to deliver a high standard of work.
* Self Motivation and Development- is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
* Customer Awareness - responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction