|Job Ref:||204741322||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Inverness||Address:||Post Code:||IV2||Salary:||£330 - £350/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
We are currently looking for a Works Delivery Manager in Inverness-Scotland for 3 months contract.|
About the role / project:
Works Delivery Manager required managing internal delivery team of nine, responsible for track renewals and refurbishment work throughout TME Inverness section in Network Rail Scotland Route. Post located within new depot at Inverness.
What you will do:
• Manage and direct the Works Delivery team and Contractors to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
• Manage the development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
• Manage the arrangements for staff competence and welfare.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
• Contribute to your own development and that of others.
• Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
• Discharge the relevant duties assigned to the 'CDM Contractor' (Network Rail Infrastructure Limited) in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations
Your experience will include
1. Experience of managing and directing a team.
2. Experience of team leadership and development.
3. Experience of managing the production and delivery of a comprehensive and compliant work programme.
4. Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
5. Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives.
6. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
7. Able to coach, influence and develop others.
8. Knowledge of permanent way maintenance and construction management processes, systems and standards.
9. Knowledge of budget management and cost/waste control processes and techniques.
10. Knowledge of the Construction, Design and Management Regulations.
11. Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
12. Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 3 or 4 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
13. Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
• CRE engineering track experience required
• Experience of managing and directing a team.
• Experience of team leadership and development.
• Experience of managing the production and delivery of a comprehensive and compliant work programme.
• Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
• Able to lead and implement change and improvement initiatives. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need
• Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post and required by business need