|Job Ref:||204741197||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£150 - £175/day||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
We currently are looking for an Assistant Engineer in Milton Keynes for 3 months contract to provide management service for railway AC electrification diagrams, maintaining effective control during publication of isolation diagrams and instructions for planned and associated projects. Manage the company wide check review and approval process leading to implementation on planned date. Work must be in compliance with the Electrified Lines Instructions and standards.|
The Assistant Engineer will be office based, managing a project portfolio of 5/6 different projects. Supporting the Project Engineer's, (OLE and E&P) with regards to major electrification projects.
1. Review draft isolation diagrams and instructions and identify any discrepancies for proposed work which may require amendment due to isolation requirements.
2. Review isolation diagrams and instructions in accordance with Electrified AC Lines submitted by project.
3. Prepare and issue isolation diagrams and instruction documentation.
4. Provide advice to work submitted for publications where necessary.
5. Maintain records specific to the isolation diagrams and instructions during check, review and approval process as required by the Standards and the Railway Safety Case.
6. Ensure that the project teams comply with isolation diagram control processes and procedures.
7. Control information flows with external and internal clients in accordance with isolation document control requirements.
8. Prepare files for publication to rail industries
9. Relevant experience of diagrams control processes and techniques are an advantage.
10. Assist in the identification and implementation of safety, quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
CAD (Computer Aided Design) skills
Engineering Electrical HND/HNC or equivalent
Knowledge of the Network rail Electrified Lines isolation diagrams and Instructions
Knowledge of methods of working utilising isolation diagrams.
Knowledge of electrical feeding arrangements can be an advantage
Use of Adobe writer professional is essential
Microstation Bentley experience is advantage