|Job Ref:||204741125||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Position - Mechanical Design Engineer|
Location - Coventry
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Start date - Immediate
We have a fantastic new opening for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join our team located in Coventry. The mechanical design engineer will produce system drawings, general arrangement drawings, sub-assembly drawings and detail part drawings in 2D CAD or 3D Inventor as required. The mechanical design engineer will consider design for manufacture principles on all new and existing product lines. Produce Pipe and Instrumentation Diagrams and Bill of Materials to support project execution.
* Maintain technical construction files at all times and liaise with Project Managers to ensure issues are closed out in a timely manner.
* Identify parts for use on equipment, ensuring that where possible, parts are selected from the companies published lists of approved products.
* Communicate full BoM for products into Purchasing Department to support project requirements.
* Maintain drawings to the correct issue, ensuring that amendments are carried out and managed in accordance with the Quality Management System.
* To maintain technical file structures and systems to company and ISO Standards.
* Develop skills and competency framework and individual training plans for Draughting team
* Provide design support to manufacturing, sales and R&D.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Professional Qualifications - HNC (min) Mechanical Engineering or relevant industry experience.
* Solid Engineering background with experience in a machine supply, contracting, engineering or technical environment.
* Experience of Autocad Inventor 2D / 3 D design package or Solid Works.
* Fabrication knowledge (steel / plastic) would be desirable.
* Experience in a general engineering plant & equipment, process, mechanical, conveyor industry, design of process equipment or similar.
* Man management / leadership skills.
* Able to facilitate change management.
* Ability to work with Production Management
* Attention to detail / logical
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Overseas work to include sign off of equipment (as and when required).
To apply for the Mechanical Design Engineer vacancy please email your updated CV to Amo Rai (Automation & Robotics) at Shortlisting will commence from Monday October 24th 2016.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency