|Job Ref:||204740488||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Our client is a leading steel fabrication company who are currently looking to recruit an Estimator from a structural steel and fabrication background.|
Role Outline and Requirements
• Ideally a minimum of five years experience working within the structural steelwork and fabrication industry.
• Experience of estimating and submitting bids for a variety of general structural steelwork projects and fabrication. Interacting with clients during tender negotiations and post tender meetings.
• Analysing the content of tender specifications and drawings, using the information identified to build take off schedules and cost schedules suitable for use as a formal tender bid and for full compliance with plans and specifications.
• Knowledge of structural steelwork quality systems, CE marking procedures and qualifications.
• Liaising and communicating with clients regarding the tender and to present the final submission to the client.
• Liaising and communicating with suppliers during the tender stage to ensure best value product supply in line with the specifications and drawings
• Value engineering to propose alternatives to specifications in order to reduce costs and/or improve quality.
• Excellent verbal, negotiation decision making written and interpersonal communication skills along with IT and numeracy skills.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word