|Job Ref:||204740455||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||South Yorkshire||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum 40000||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
£35k - £40k
Vantage Consulting are on the lookout for a Project Manager to join a leading solutions provider for mechanical handling and overhead lifting equipment and controls in Sheffield.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline or proven and significant experience of working within an engineering company
- Project Management experience within the Mechanical Handling sector including overhead cranes, materials handling, moving structures.
- Must have an understanding of relevant engineering standards and ideally CDM & CE Regulations
- Experience of working with differing levels of responsibility
- Awareness of NEC commercial contracts administration.
- Willing to undergo security clearance to a minimum of SC.
- Experience of working within the Nuclear Decommission or MOD sectors
- Experience of running FAT & SAT (Factory and Site acceptance tests)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Head of Projects and other key members of the engineering team to initiate a new project.
- Attend a handover meeting with Sales and Engineering so that new projects are handed over effectively with all relevant documentation. Hand-over pack and minutes to be recorded.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Team and other departments as necessary.
- Arrange `kick-off` meeting with client (issue agenda) and clarify project details (minutes to be recorded).
- Establish lines of communication with the client and ensure minutes are recorded for all meetings with the client.
- Develop and issue project timing plan using Primavera or MS Project software showing `milestone` dates.
- Achieve project timing objectives.
- Ensure that the designs solution achieve project specifications.
- Manage the project costs against the estimate and bring any overspend concerns to the attention of Head of Projects and or the Commercial Manager.
- Issue Project Status Reports (PSR`s) on a monthly basis to SCX Directors, Accountants and Head of Projects
- Attend a monthly project review with the Head of Projects and if necessary the Commercial Manager to review the performance of individual projects.
- Generate enquiries indicating specific requirements, applicable standards, any special considerations and stipulating quotation return date as well as delivery date required
- Raise purchase orders on approved suppliers considering quality and value. Competitive prices required for all enquiries unless agreed by the Commercial Manager or Head of Projects
- Expedite orders and arrange deliveries to correct location.
- Ensure all project details are accurately entered onto the SCX computer system including project value, estimate, client details, supplier orders etc.
- Ensure competent personnel are organised to work on the project so that quality is not compromised and productivity is optimised.
- Negotiation and management of contracts to be handled to satisfy specific project requirements and to consider value for money e.g. hire equipment, access equipment, cranes, transport, site support services etc.
- Health & Safety objectives must be satisfied at all times whether activities are taking place in the office, workshop or on site. Specific standards include;
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be considered for this position or find out more, then please contact Louise Robathan at Vantage Consulting on (Apply online only) or email (Email Removed)