|Job Ref:||204740344||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Luton||Address:||Post Code:||LU3||Salary:||£70000 - £80000/annum car allowance + bonuses||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
£70,000 - £80,000.00 + car allowance + bonuses
A globally leader in the manufacturer of electrical / electronic system infrastructure products and protection equipment, specifically suited for heavy industries such as Oil & Power, Petro-Chemical, Mining and other associated industries are looking for an experienced Plant / Operations Manager for their modern, state of the art, semi-automated facility based just outside of the Luton area.
This plant has currently 220 people employed across different functions with a total of around 320 employed globally.
There are also opportunities to move up the management ladder into more senior roles and this is heavily promoted within the organisation, with ongoing training and development courses available.
As the successful Operations Manager you will be reporting directly to the Senior Management team and overseeing 12 Supervisors across the plant.
Your main responsibility will be for the plant's operational processes and the manufacture of products as well as to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied. In addition, you will be in charge of devising and implementing continuous improvement and waste reduction strategies.
• Directing operations at the site to standards and achievements of specific operational Key Performance Indicators
• Responsible for different functions: manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, health and safety, supply chain, distribution and customer service
• Managing and controlling complete production at the site and teams in order to successfully complete all orders in line with customer expectations
• Maintaining a profitable production at all times by optimising cost performance and reducing waste
• Proactively driving the implementation of Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies
• Driving through quality improvement in product and management systems
• Ensuring high standards of Health and Safety are achieved and maintained at all times, in line with legislation and our corporate standards
Skills & Experience:
• Lean/ Six Sigma certification is desirable
• Strong experience in operations / plant management and continuous improvement
• Commercial awareness, financial acumen and strong strategic and operational experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within a global, matrix based, multicultural organisation
• Ability to train and mentor others
Continuous Improvement, Key Performance Indicators, KPI, Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Management, Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Six Sigma