|Job Ref:||204740305||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Senior Hardware Design Engineer |
£35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
I am currently working with a privately owned company based in East Midlands who specialise in transport management solutions. They offer a range of industry leading technology and products that reduced costs and down time for their customers.
They are seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join a small team of hardware engineers who work alongside a much larger software team. They are ideally looking for someone who can hit the ground running in a challenging role.
* Schematic design and PCB layout
* Bringing-up prototype hardware
* Component selection and evaluation
* Developing requirements for related test tools like test setups, test circuits and scripts for automated tests
* Development and follow up of hardware validation programs for the electronics
* Work closely with the firmware team in all phases of the product development
* Creation of development plans and regular reporting on progress
Desired Skills and Experience
* Ideally at least 3 years experience in a similar role
* Electronics circuit design and simulation
* Multilayer PCB design
* Microprocessor / digital circuit design, experience with ARM / ST Microelectronics processors would be desirable
* Software development in 'C'
* RF experience (use of GSM / GPS modules / antennas)
* Automotive PSUs / vehicle transient protection
* Automotive EMC, EU R&TTE, Product Safety, GSM testing / approvals
* Project planning / management
* Excellent communication skills - written and oral.
If you are interested in taking further steps towards this opportunity, then submit your CV via the link provided and we will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion