|Job Ref:||204740261||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£NEG Competitive + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
As Materials & Obsolescence Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join our Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation (EC&I) Operating Business Unit (OBU) at the Submarines Business based in Derby. The EC&I OBU is responsible for the design, safety justification, in-service support and manufacturing support of the reactor control, instrumentation and protection systems for both operational and future submarine designs. Reporting to the Materials and Obsolescence Team Leader, you will be a key member of a small team who support the OBU with managing obsolescence for a wide variety of electronic and electrical equipment.|
To ensure we remain at the forefront of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 17,000 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer options to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
* Plan and manage small to medium size work packages to manage obsolescence.
* Implement and manage proactive obsolescence programmes.
* Produce obsolescence related processes and improve current processes in order to support the timely manufacture of equipment.
* Investigate and manage emergent issues.
* Liaise with and manage other areas of the business and external suppliers.
* Qualified to degree level in a numerate discipline with a bias towards Engineering.
* Hold a Chartered status (or be working towards it) with an appropriate Engineering or Scientific Professional body.
* Demonstrable experience of managing obsolescence in electronic and electrical equipment.
* An understanding of industry recognised obsolescence standards.
* Experience of working with and managing external suppliers.
* Good understanding of electronic control systems and their operation.
* Sound knowledge of electronic component technologies and electronics manufacturing techniques and processes.
* Knowledge of the REACH and RoHS legislation.
At Rolls-Royce, we focus on the future in every sense. We continually break new ground with integrated power solutions that are technologically advanced and create better power for a changing world.
Create the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The role is subject of Full UK security clearance