|Job Ref:||204740192||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Halesowen||Address:||Post Code:||B63||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:11|
The Design Engineer applies proven abilities to the design of BSS projects as part of a multi-disciplined project team and as directed by the Project Manager. A project could consist of: Heat Transfer packages, Pump packages, Boiler plant packages, Chiller and Cooling Tower plant packages and Control Systems. These systems will be taken from concept design or specific customer requirements and delivered using computer aided design technology.
• Understanding project scope and specification,
• Developing 2D guidance drawings, 3D assemblies, sub-assemblies and details, associated manufacturing drawings, bills of material, calculations, purchase specifications, production information, test information, as-built drawings, etc...
• Adherence to project milestone review and approval process
• Adherence to project document control and filing procedures
• Maintenance of parts library, templates and drawing office standards
• Coordination of various services in one environment for optimum functionality, cost, buildability, serviceability and end of life.
• Understanding of design for manufacture and the production of fabrication/shop drafting methods.
• Site survey (when applicable)
• Attend design/planning meetings with client when required
• Preparation of accurate project design info to schedule, specification and company standards
• Survey of finished solutions for as-built drawings
• Participation in process improvement activity
The position will require that the incumbent be capable of infrequent national travel. Total travel requirements are estimated at 0 - 10%.
The incumbent will be capable of effective spoken and written internal communication in a professional manner at all times.
The ability to work on own initiative but also as a member of a team.
The incumbent must be familiar with the company's portfolio of fluid management products and solutions
The incumbent must be fluent in the company's project design process and procedures, and standards of construction.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A technical qualification in a relevant engineering discipline is preferred.
• Relevant experience in building services HVAC engineering and design.
• Experience and / or formal training in 3D solid modelling on a recognised software platform.
• IT literate, including Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience of a Product Data Management (PDM) platform would be an advantage