|Job Ref:||204740158||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£33000 - £38000/annum plus car plus fuel card||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
A well known civil engineering contractor is currently looking to recruit experienced Site Engineers permanently for the Oxfordshire and Suffolk area.|
This position will give you the opportunity to progress into site management. Key Areas of Responsibility
• Setting out on civil engineering projects
• Manage and develop junior members of the setting out team
• Assist the Project Manager / Site Agents with site records, risk assessments, method statements and permits as appropriate
• Communicate setting out control and provide information to assist with the construction of works
• Record 'as built' information for Health & Safety File
• Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
• Carry out pre-start OGL surveys with Survey Department
Skills and Ability
• Applicants will have a proven record of setting out on civil engineering projects including earthworks, deep drainage, highways and infrastructure and be capable of producing As- Built drawings of such.
• Ideally qualified to Graduate standard.
• Applicants should hold a CSCS card and have at least 3 years site experience.
• Excellent communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work under their own initiative.
• Applicants will be conversant with all surveying instruments, co-ordinate setting out and be able to work confidently with Autodesk Auto-Cad.
• SMSTS and First Aid will be an advantage but not essential.
• A full clean driving licence is essential.
• Preference will be given to applicants who have a desire to manage and develop junior members of the setting out team.
Life Assurance to 4 times salary
Hours of Work
Generally 7.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Annual leave is 26 days, plus bank holidays