|Job Ref:||204740116||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£NEG Competitive + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join our Future Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation (EC&I) department. This is a chance for you to be involved with product designs, the development of our products and play a supportive role within an integrated team of engineers.|
Design is a constantly changing field with continually evolving ideas on everything from fuel cells to low carbon emission engines to nuclear power plants. With new materials, technologies and changes in existing products, the challenges keep on coming.
As a Design Engineer, you'll find solutions to problems that arise during the product lifecycle. This could mean anything from reacting to problems that occur in service to improving the design of a product to make it easier to manufacture or assemble. In the process, you'll gain an in-depth understanding of how the products work - and open up a wide range of opportunities for yourself at Rolls-Royce.
* Reporting to the Hardware Development Team Leader.
* Responsible for the design and documentation of EC&I Hardware product designs for the Successor Submarine Programme.
* Responsible for the design and development (including requirements management) of both analogue and Field Programmable Gate Array FPGA based products including Neutron Detection Instrumentation, Reactor Protection Instrumentation and other primary plant protection and monitoring systems.
* Degree qualified with a bias towards electrical and electronic engineering. However, applicants without a degree who can nevertheless demonstrate suitable experience will also be considered.
* Knowledge and experience of programmable hardware design and verification of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs using a Hardware Description Language (HDL), specifically VHDL.
* The ability to provide clear, concise and accurate technical reports
* The ability to work flexibly - both as an individual and as a member of a team.
* Good IT skills.
* Analogue or Digital electronics design experience, including concept and detailed design work.
* Experience of working within the defence, nuclear or other high integrity industries.
* Knowledge and experience of nuclear/defence safety standards including IEC 61513, IEC 62566, Def-Stan 00-56 and DO-254.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We create integrated power solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create next generation innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance