|Job Ref:||204740064||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Role Title and Location: Special Project Lead Engineer|
What`s the opportunity?
This is an ideal opportunity for an engineer who wishes to develop their professional and technical skills as part of a small but dedicated team of multi-disciplinary engineers on a Special Project, undertaking a wide range of tasks including working directly with the UK Technical Customer and involving hands-on implementation and verification of solutions.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing concepts and developing technical solutions to meet the requirements of the Special Project, ensuring they can integrate with the associated weapon system programme whilst maintaining the strict need to know principals of the Special Project
- Defining test scenarios to verify the sufficiency of solutions to meet the requirements of the Special Project and testing solutions to provide confidence in their implementation
- Taking responsibility for the Special Project material generated and its appropriate storage and dissemination, defining and updating associated management and communication plans
What are the benefits for you?
- You will acquire an in-depth knowledge of some of MBDA`s latest technology and influence how it is exploited in our products as well as be able to influence what is required from these technologies in the future
- You will experience a broader range of engineering tasks than are usually undertaken by a single role holder on a typical project, gaining skills that would otherwise require a secondment or departmental transfer to acquire
- You are expected to operate with a greater degree of autonomy whilst accepting the associated level of responsibility, preparing you for more senior roles in MBDA
- Training and guidance will be provided for those new to working on a Special Project
- This role will provide a range of demonstrable experiences for those working towards chartered status
What`s great about joining this team?
- The often complex technical challenges in this area mean no solution is too innovative to be considered
- The comparatively small size of the team allows everyone`s contribution to be recognised and respected
- The nature of the work requires a lot of working collaboratively, often face to face, building a genuine collective team spirit
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Knowledge of through life weapon system design and the ability to understand and manage the trade-space in that design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with multi-disciplinary engineers, technical experts, senior management and technical customers
- Able to listen, evaluate and resolve management and technical issues in a manner that upholds MBDAs reputation with our Customer
- Strong engineering skills where a background in either systems engineering, electronics design, embedded software or firmware is desirable
- DV cleared or willing and eligible to go through the clearance process
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)