|Job Ref:||204739794||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
A multi-national pharmaceutical manufacturer require a dynamic Health and Safety Manager due to continued expansion and growth.|
* The Health Safety and Environmental Manager will provide HSE advice, direction, framework and support services at the Newcastle pharmaceutical site.
* Assure compliance with all HS&E and security legislation and guidelines, protect the business and other stakeholders from foreseeable loss and support continual improvement in business performance whilst meeting regulatory and corporate expectations.
* Enable and support site management to maintain HSE as a business priority with the development and implementation of site HSE strategy, providing
* Provide EHS leadership expertise and deliver with the standards required in the Pharmaceutical industry.
* Act as key advisor to Site Head and working with Managers foster the development of a sound HSE management system as an integral element of site management.
* Working with the Site Head prepare for and lead timely and effective management/safety representative committee meetings and appropriate communication programmes.
* Provide safety engineering, fire prevention, occupational hygiene, loss control and environmental input into major capital projects.
* Identify site HSE training needs and resources and ensure the timely delivery of training programmes.
* Act as key interface with EHS and Home Office regulatory authorities and insurers with regard to EHS matters.
* Oversee the provision of the security manned guarding service by a third party contractor.
* Lead and support appropriate timely accident/incident reporting and investigation.
* Graduate level or equivalent in a Scientific or an Engineering discipline
* 5+ year's experience as an EHS professional, preferably in a Pharmaceutical business
* Good technical appreciation of the way in which a Pharmaceutical business operates.
* General management skills: - Recruiting, Appraisals, Presentations, Budget control
* Ability to make decisions and operate with minimum supervision
* High level of health & safety awareness
* Up to date knowledge of HSE, cGMP
* Good working knowledge of PC's and PC based packages
To be considered for this attractive role please apply as soon as possible. Ideally you will have Pharmaceutical experience but a general manufacturing and engineering background will also be considered.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency