|Job Ref:||204739719||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
On Line People Limited are currently looking for an Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Engineer to work for one of our major clients based in Wakefield. This is a permanent staff position, working full time time hours Monday to Friday.|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager your job purpose is to ensure the site is compliant with all regulations concerning electric distribution, use of electrical equipment and control and instrumentation systems. Our client is a top-tier COMAH site due to the type and quantities of hazardous material stored on site at Wakefield. It is essential that the plant and utilities are maintained to the appropriate standards and are available when required by the business. The E,C&I Engineer will also be an active member of the Emergency Response Team in the event of an on-site emergency.
• Keep up to date with industry best practice and ensure compliance with applicable regulations including DSEAR, IEC61511 and COMAH.
• Ensure all statutory inspections on E, C&I equipment is carried out in a timely manner by competent personnel who may be either internal employees or external contractors.
• Responsible for preparing and maintaining written schemes of examinations of the site electrical distribution and electrical equipment to ensure continued safe and efficient use.
• Prepare and review E, C&I procedures on a routine basis and deliver training and perform technician competency reviews against the procedures.
• Prepare and maintain inspection and proof testing procedures for control and safety instrumented systems to ensure that they continue to operate in the way that they were initially designed.
• Develop and enforce standards of work for the E, C&I department and E, C&I contractors working on the site.
• Provide E, C&I input in HazOp's and design safety assessments.
• Produce Scope of Work forms to allow contractors to quote for project work.
• Prepare User Requirement Specification documents for control panels built for the site.
• Ensure that project work is completed, following all industrial standards.
• Represent our client on E,C&I matters with the Competent Authorities, i.e. HSE and EA
• Deliver E,C&I projects on time and in budget.
• Issue PTWs where required.
• Attend the weekly priorities meeting and any other meetings that you are required to attend.
• Lead and promote site safety.
• Deliver training and Tool Box Talks where required.
• Perform internal audits of the site.
• Perform any other duties as Management may require from time to time.
• Engineering Manager
• Factory Manager
• Site Shift Managers
• Site Support Manager
• Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Maintenance Technicians'
• Project Engineering Manager
• Mechanical Engineer
• Purchasing Manager
• EUK Maintenance Team
• Third pRepoarty contractors
• Electrical or other similar Engineering Degree
• Chartered Electrical Engineer or working towards chartered status
• Minimum 10 years' experience working in process industry or equivalent in particular experience of COMAH sites would be beneficial
In depth understanding of the requirements of:
• The Electricity at Work Regulations
• PUWER - The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations?
• BS 7671 - Wiring regulations - 18th Edition
• BS EN 61511 - Safety Instrumented Systems
• BS EN 60079 - ATEX regulations
• COMPEX qualified
• CAD packages
• Microsoft Office software
• The ability to write, interrogate and make modifications to the site PLC/SCADA programmes where necessary.
• Ability to lead, coach and mentor colleagues.
• Highly driven, self-motivated, proactive and results-orientated.
• Mature and professional approach with high standards of personal discipline and integrity.
• Excellent time and self-management skills.
• Good communications skills at all levels inside and outside of the Company.
• Completer, finisher.
• High concern for impact.
• Ability to work at a detail level to resolve issues and at the same time deliver the overall Company objectives.
• Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills.
• High housekeeping standards and a desire to make things better