|Job Ref:||204739596||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£26000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Vantage Consutling are currently on the look out for a hands on Mechanical Supervisor to join a specialist in sludge handling screw conveyor systems, screenings handling screw conveyor systems and grit handling centreless screw conveyors for the water, waste, recycling and renewable industries.|
Reporting to the Works Manager the Workshop assembler/Fabricator will be required to provide support to the works production team. This work will include assembly of new spiral conveyors and associated platforms including general fabrication as required. Additionally, as contracts dictate, assist with maintenance, service and modifications to existing equipment.
- To take on under instruction, responsibility for carrying out assembly and fabrication activities and general workshop duties
- To carry out all activities to agreed SHE and Quality standards, taking a positive attitude towards identifying actions for improvement.
- To carry out duties in a safe and controlled manner and in accordance with Company Standards and Policies
- To collaborate closely within the production team to ensure flexible and efficient organization of work and ongoing development of skills.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- (Essential) experience of mechanical fitting/assembly
- (Desirable) experience of fabricating components from sheet and stock materials
- (Desirable) ability to weld using TIG
- A mechanical engineering apprenticeship or similar is desirable