|Job Ref:||204746234||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North Shields||Address:||Post Code:||NE29||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Site Manager - North Tyneside|
The Site Manager will plan, organise and oversee a number of civil engineering projects. The will also manage the Site Engineer, General Foreman and other supervisory activities on the project, while ensuring works are carried out in a safe manner in line with Capita Management systems, to the right quality and in line with the project programme and budget.
Working within a team, and reporting to the Head of Construction, the successful applicant will be required to manage the site through all stages of the project, from planning and forecasting to closing of accounts. A key aspect of the role will be the management of Health and Safety on site including demomstrating absolute commitment to various safety initiatives that we currently have running/planned through leading by example.
Within the role safety, quality, programme, commercial and finance documents will be prepared. Support will be given through other functions within the team; however the Site Manager will remain accountable for the successful outcome of the project. The Site Manager will be expected to manage resources including plant, labour, materials and subcontractors and also manage the interface with third parties, including service companies as required to carry out the works.
* Use Capita (and Council where required) management systems and comply with company procedures.
* Determine and procure resources (labour, plant, equipment and subcontract requirements) and assign responsibilities for roles and tasks necessary for the satisfactory completion of the works
* Manage materials supply to control cost, productivity and meet programme deadlines
* Lead by example when maintaining and complying with systems for managing site health and safety and welfare
* Manage the inspection, preparation and maintenance of the site in a satisfactory condition for the safe execution of the works
* Motivate personnel and arrange for effective productivity and economic use of labour, plant and subcontract resources and achievement of required quality within any environmental constraints
* Through coordination and management of the Site Engineer and General Foreman, determine methods or working and programme of works, gaining senior approval when required
* Support others to use on-site administrative systems and ensure management systems are adhered to
* Support others to provide information on methods and programmes to enable the successful completion of the works
* Manage the works to enable financial recover
* Implement disciplinary and grievance procedures as required by prevailing conditions
* Manage expenditure against budget and monitor progress of works against programme
* Ensure accurate and detailed records are kept, procurement rules are adhered to and project filing systems are up-to-date.
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with the Client, Project Manager, Design Team, CDM Coordinator, Customer Liaison, PR, Procurement, Legal, Finance and Audit Teams.
* Managing own workload and support their team to meet the project deadlines
* Manage activities to support operational objectives for the role
* Manage the project programme towards a successful project outcome
* Make decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience
* Work closely with the Client and Designer or users around specific work efforts and deliverables
* Lead by example regarding Health and Safety and environmental policies and standards
* Manage the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility
* Focus of work on the completion of a set of related tasks for a particular section or service with the ability to accommodate new tasks
* Carry out project forecasting, using Capita systems and procedures as required
* Deliver the project to a given budget
* Manage the project and employ systems and procedures to reduce cost and waste
* Supervision and management of their project team
* Coordinate available resource to deal with the work in hand
* Support team members to achieve their goals
* Undertake performance reviews and provide training recommendations
* Responsible for performance management issues and recommending disciplinary actions.
* Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering or Project Management
* Able to engage effectively with staff at all levels and with different technical understanding
* A good understanding of current health and safety legislation, including CDM.
* Ability to estimate and control costs, plant and labour.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office and Excel
* Experience of monitoring and managing contract programmes.
* SMSTS or equivalent construction management knowledge and experience
* Minimum 10 years construction experience
* Full driving licence
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us