|Job Ref:||204746195||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Surrey||Address:||Post Code:||KT15||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Our client innovates using the skills, insights and experience gleaned from over 50 years exposure to the world's most technologically demanding sector. Your working environment will impress you as the facilities and working conditions are world class.|
With a passion for performance excellence, they bring together a distinctive combination of technology, mindset and capabilities - including high performance design, analytics, simulation, sensing and control systems - to make innovation a reality for our partners.
Their people are dynamic with excellent technical and commercial skills.
They partner with world leading businesses across many sectors; what unites them is a desire to prevail in whatever they do. Together they strive to be the best or to go beyond what was considered to be the limit of technology and performance.
* As a Design Engineer you will deliver innovative breakthroughs in performance through the application of advanced technology, design and mechanical engineering.
* You will design and create high performance products through the use of cutting edge technologies and computer aided engineering tools.
* You will input into the Company's portfolio of projects, with focus on high performance products, health and wellness, transport, energy, and motorsport.
* You will analyse and overcome technical design challenges with workable and innovative engineering solutions, in a range of different industries, outside of familiar areas of expertise.
* You will support project planning, budget estimates and pre-sales activities for new client engagements.
* You will produce project proposals, technical specifications and other documentation to a high standard, with the ability to write and deliver impactful design presentations externally with confidence.
* You will input into team strategy discussions, taking a shared ownership of the team's growth and capability development.
* Have a BEng or MEng Mechanical Engineering degree, equivalent technical degree or equivalent medical industry experience.
* Have demonstrable experience of products or projects taken to market in the advanced medical or consumer wearable sectors.
* Have experience of designing for compliance with medical directives and regulations.
* Have design experience across all stages of a product's design lifecycle, from initial project scoping with external customers through to prototyping designs ready for manufacture.
* Have working knowledge of commonly used metallic, plastic and composite engineering materials for design, balancing competing factors such as cost, manufacturing constraints, design intent and aesthetics.
* Are proficient with 3D CAD modelling, preferably using CATIA or SolidWorks for both solid and surface modelling.
* Have had exposure to FEA and/or CFD tools for mechanical design.
* Are familiar with recognised drawing standards for the generation and checking of engineering drawings.
* Have experience of working with global brands, their design teams and being the customer's technical point of contact.
* Appreciate brand value and work to high design standards.
Values and Behaviours:
* Self-starter, accustomed to working independently with minimal guidance.
* Strives to use data to analyse and understand the factors which contribute to maximum design performance, delivering the best outcome in-line with stakeholder expectations.
* Values attention to detail, but can balance time, cost and quality well.
* Comfortable with applying knowledge, skills and experience to unfamiliar problems and operating in areas outside of own expertise.
* Demonstrates a collaborative working approach with others, sharing accurate and meaningful information and ideas openly.
* Values the need for clear and concise communication across all levels of the organisation and our clients' organisations.
* Proactively seeks learning opportunities and manages development of career, with support from line manager.
* Acts as a mentor and role model.
Job Title: Design Engineer - Medical
Salary Guide: £50,000 to c£60,000
Reference No: 228309
Job Type: Permanent
Please apply to Paul Surridge, Operations Director;; (Apply online only)
RHL is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy within Design, Engineering & Manufacture talent acquisition.
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency