|Job Ref:||204746022||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Staffordshire||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum 35000||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Lead Electrical Design Engineer|
£35k - £45k
The company is a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Automation, Control and IT Solutions and Services with major customers in the Nuclear, Power Generation, Utilities and Oil & Gas markets. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, and project delivery, quality and safety.
Summary of Role:
This role is a hands on role leading a small team designing hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC`s, MCCs, Drives & Controls, and Switchgear. Some of the clients are within the nuclear industry and therefore candidates must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level, and possibly DV. The work will involve some travel and possibly periods of working at the client sites.
• It is essential that candidates have excellent communication skills as client contact is likely as is interaction with other team members
• To have demonstrable experience as a team leader on at least two successful projects, adept at providing leadership and motivation
• Educated at least to degree level in relevant subject or HND with additional experience of at least 6 years post graduate experience or 8 years post HND experience on successful project implementation
• Working knowledge of Autocad Electrical
• Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC`s), LV modular distribution systems incorporating either MCCbs, Transformers or Switchboards.
• Knowledge of the Design and implementation of Motor Control Centres, Motor Control Gear, Instrumentation
• Working knowledge of CE&I
• A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation, G5/4 Harmonic Standard
• Able to Develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
• Thorough understanding of, or working towards, BS7671 IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regs
• Understanding of IEC BS EN 60439-1,Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies
• Confidence to work within a multidisciplinary design team
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Flexible in their methods of working
We are looking to interview for this position as soon as we can so please apply now to be considered or call James Stewart on (Apply online only) for more information.
This role is based in Staffordshire and is commutable from Cheshire, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Telford, Derby and Burton-on-Trent