|Job Ref:||204745955||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Ilkeston||Address:||Post Code:||DE7||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Salary - £28,000 - £32,000 per annum.
Working on behalf of a prestigious, well know and forward thinking company in the Ilkeston area, Thorn Baker are looking for an ambitious, dedicated and skilled Manufacturing Engineer.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
* Creation and improvement of all standard work in your area of responsibility
* Design and implement correct tooling and equipment
* Support fitting teams
* Lead projects to improve productivity and quality
* Resolving issues and problems quickly and efficiently
* Eliminate cause of problems
* Develop manufacturing process from supplier to customer
* Reduce waste through application of lean manufacturing
The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role however a skilled engineer looking to work in a broader role will be considered.
* Hands on knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electronics
* Experience of lathes, horizontal mills and vertical mills
* Keen powers of observation
* Logical thinker
* Ability to develop process' from blue prints
* Use of common measuring tools
* Capable of conducting thorough experiments
* Physical ability to lift heavy loads
* Comfortable when stood or sat for long periods
Our client is looking for 5 years minimum experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well known and respected company.
Please apply with your CV to be considered for interview