|Job Ref:||204745948||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Devizes||Address:||Post Code:||SN10||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:50|
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be a key point of contact for quality related activities. They will be focused on driving all quality related issues to satisfactory and timely resolution. Alongside this the Quality Engineer will play an active role in new projects and product / process improvements.|
The successful candidate is likely to be working within an automotive or aerospace manufacturing environment and will have a good understanding of quality management processes. It is likely the successful Quality Engineer will have experience of maintaining quality systems that comply with the requirements of TS16949 and/or AS9100 standards. They will have demonstrable evidence of continuous improvement.
•Interfacing with both internal personnel and suppliers on all quality related issues. Instigation of the functional teams to undertake problem solving activities utilising the 8D format as a means of report.
•Support the application of methods that aid a smooth introduction of new product / process into production.
•Assist in the review and improvement of Quality acceptance standards and roll out to suppliers
• Analyse internal defects in materials and products and recommend corrective measures to maintain quality standards.
•Maintain and continually improve the quality of the product using structured problem solving tools and techniques.
•To provide leadership and expertise to manufacturing areas to improve the Right First Time principle.
• Analysis of process generated data with a view to continual improvement
• Interface with all functions and assist in design and contract reviews to ensure all quality related requirements are understood and incorporated.
• Where required, instigate development activities with suppliers who's performance does not meet targets.
• Take an active role in the Material Review Board (MRB) and liaise with suppliers when product is rejected
• Contribute to the development and improvement of systems, processes and procedures to support these key responsibilities.
• To support the business audit programme, including the support of second and third party audit events.
• To assist in the Layered Process Audit system and work with production staff to close open actions. Conduct LP audits when required.
• Ensure that the quality assurance measures prescribed within the company procedures are adhered to at all stages of manufacture.
• Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the role.
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Formal qualifications in an Engineering discipline to a minimum of HNC
• Minimum of 5 years relevant Quality Engineering experience within an Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing environment.
• A sound working knowledge of quality core tools such as application of Best Practice, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, Problem solving, Six Sigma / Lean principles etc.
• Interpretation of Technical drawings and specifications.
• Working knowledge of standards TS16949, ISO9001, AS9100, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
• Lead Internal Auditing experience preferred.
• Competent in PC applications and Technical Report writing.
• Preparation and presentation of material at all levels