|Job Ref:||204745536||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£25 - £32/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Waterman Aspen are looking for a Senior Highways Engineer to be based in London|
• A degree in civil engineering or equivalent
• Chartered Engineer
• Project and people management skills with a hands-on attitude to technical project work
• The candidate will have considerable practical experience with the application of the latest junction and network modelling software, and ideally including UK standard software packages TRL Junctions (ARCADY and PICADY), TRANSYT and LinSig3, although transferable conversance in industry recognised packages utilised overseas such as SIDRA and Synchro supporting HCM methodology is also advantageous.
• Appropriate previous experience of working in design and implementation of urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including cycle schemes, bus priority projects, high street improvements and signalised junctions.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships at the highest level
• A post-graduate qualification in a transport related subject;
• A qualification in Road Safety Auditing, by the criteria set out in HD 19/03, to provide support to our team as an Audit Team Member in Road Safety Audits;
• An understanding of the construction of 3D design of ground models;
• Experience in managing work packages within a project;
• Experience of using Autotrack;
• Experience of drainage design; and
• Experience of MX / AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Working knowledge of CDM regulations
• Ability to shape thinking based upon personal credibility and the building of relationships.
• Able to developing effective and enduring relationships.
• Results focused ensuring projects are delivered successfully.
• Analytical, able to gain an appreciation of technical issues.
• Able to exercise sound judgements in all areas sometimes whilst under pressure of project deadlines.
• Must be able to relate and communicate effectively with people at all levels