|Job Ref:||204745215||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£25.00 - £31.00/hour Ltd rate||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
The UKAEA are seeking an experienced Safety Systems engineer to support RACE - the UK's very own Robotics & Autonomous Systems strategy - on short-medium term contract basis|
As a successful applicant you will have strong proven experience with technical writing (Safety manuals / Maintenance manuals etc.) and are familiar with all aspects of IEC 61508. It is essential you understand safety PLC's and have ideally worked with Siemens S7-1500 series failsafe PLC's or Pilz PSS-4000 series safety PLC's.
The majority of this role will be documenting Safety systems design and producing complete safety systems designs for above mentioned failsafe PLC's and safety PLC's
We are ideally looking for the below skills and experience:
* HND or equivalent qualification in electrical safety
* Design of SIL 1, SIL 2 and SIL 3 safety systems according to IEC 61508, IEC 62061, ISO 13849
* Experience with Siemens S7 Failsafe PLCs
* Industry certification for safety PLC programming using IEC 61131 style languages
* Understanding of Functional Safety
* Technical Writing
* Requirements Capture
* Flexible working attitude with the ability to deliver set tasks as an individual or as a team member.
* A logical problem Solver.
The following skills/experience are also desirable however are not essential for your application to be considered:
* Degree or other qualification in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field
* Electronics and computing experience
* Computer programming in C or C++
* Design of robotic device safety systems according to ISO 10218
* Exposure to IEC 61513 (nuclear safety)
* Experience with the SISTEMA safety evaluation software
* Model-Based Systems Engineering
* Systems Mark-Up Language (SysML)
* Chartered Engineer (CEng)
* Experience with PILZ Safety PLCs
The main service you would provide would include:
1. Supporting Control Systems Engineers and Electrical Engineers in developing safety systems for equipment used in remote handling applications.
2. Analysing and developing safety requirements & interpreting regulations without restricting functionality
3. Producing complete safety system designs for Siemens S7-1500 series failsafe PLCs, and Pilz PSS-4000 series safety PLCs
4. Documenting safety system designs
5. Assisting in the construction, testing and commissioning of systems ensuring compliance of systems with both site requirements and legislated safety standards
6. Supporting project managers in preparing project bid documentation, estimating cost timescales.
7. Defining and setting standards and best working practices