|Job Ref:||204745113||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Our client a Manufacturing Company Based in Bristol, is currently looking to secure a stores person to work on a temporary basis as their manufacturing plant in Hengrove for 3 months with a strong possibility that this could be extended.|
Location Bristol (Hengrove)
Duration 3 months possibly longer
Skills stores experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment
QA experience of mechanical parts in Goods in (desirable but not essential)
Checking parts received into stores against purchase order
Able to read technical drawings
Ideally Fork lift truck licence
Overall job description:
* Receive deliveries of parts delivered to Stores
* Enter and put detail on Purchase Order. Assign to relevant Job Number.
* Maintain stock item data and bills of material to the PICS system.
* Manage or flag up delivery shortages with Suppliers and Buyers as necessary. If error with delivery eg shortages, damage, incorrect number of parts.
* Picking of shop orders.
* Picking, packing and despatch of customer orders.
* Contribute to the stores being a tidy and safe working environment.
* Checking, receiving and storing goods.
* Technical background in component manufacture and ability to interpret drawings, standards and specifications.
* Computer literacy with standard inventory control systems and with Excel.
* Demonstrable commitment to quality and efficiency.
* Ability to check parts to drawings.
* FLT licence advantageous.
* Provide holiday/sickness cover for other Stores positions
* Receiving parts from external suppliers and checking against purchase orders and drawings.
* Entering data into the computerised inventory control system.
* Maintain records of material despatches and returns