|Job Ref:||204744346||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
JOB TITLE: Project Manager |
What is the purpose of the job?
The successful Project Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and control of projects, ensuring that all financial and contractual requirements, including build schedules, technical approvals, tests, delivery, installation and commissioning are achieved and ensuring that the customer is fully satisfaction.
What do you have to achieve?
* The management of all automation projects.
* Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of each project.
* Ensure the appropriate level of resource is availability and appropriate allocation is made to each project.
* Assist in the definition of the scope and objectives of each project, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring the projects technical feasibility.
* Complete duties within the companies operating standards, code of conduct and legal responsibilities.
* Manage all projects within their targets for revenue and costs set by the customer contract and the business.
* Must have a good understanding and monitor the internal and external financial requirements of the project and the ability to successfully control project costs within these requirements.
* Must understand and monitor the project milestones and ensure that progress is being made to achieve these on a day by day basis.
* Coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors for the flawless execution of projects
* Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
* Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
* Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
* To prepare for and manage the day to day aspects of the product design, development, building, testing, installation, commissioning and support of the customer acceptance testing of the companies equipment either at ABP or at the customer facilities.
* To manage post installation work associated with the support and maintenance of installed equipment, and ensure these activities are properly documented.
* To actively seek new business opportunities, alerting the sales team to any opportunities identified.
* To identify potential improvements to company products.
* Excellent academic educational background in an Engineering discipline.
* Proven working experience in project management in the engineering sector
* Solid technical background with understanding and / or hands-on experience in industrial automation development, automation technologies or complex engineering systems.
* Excellent customer and internal communication skills
* An industry recognised project management qualification.
* Engineering degree qualified.
* Automation machine development experience
* Project management experience of complex engineering projects.
* APM and / or PRINCE II certification.
Travel both within the UK and overseas, including travel and/or work outside normal office hours may be necessary