|Job Ref:||204744325||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gwent||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Up to £40k +package (BUPA & Priva||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
The Production Manager is responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of production processes whilst managing a team of production operatives across multiple plants.|
2. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• You will have had previous experience managing a Jobbing Shop Production Environment (Not a Production Line), up to several hundred contracts a month.
• The Production Manager will be expected to generate and issue weekly production plan in line with customer demand and stock requirement.
• The incumbent will monitor and modify the production plan in line with customer demand, component shortages and labour availability.
• You will be expected to manage up to 60 individuals daily and ensure deadlines are effectively communicated.
• You will have had experience in collaborating with Expeditors and Stores Management to ensure component availability in line with production plan.
• You will be expected to reduce late deliveries through detailed planning and labour allocation.
• The Production Manager will maintain production targets whilst accounting for labour allocation and material availability.
• You will be responsible for preparing Operational Key Performance Indicators for analysis at monthly Management Operational Reviews.
• You will promote a culture of excellence within the organisation to ensure world class customer satisfaction, A "Right First Time" attitude.
• Part of the role includes organising the repair and routine maintenance of plant equipment.
• Experience with "Internal Reject" investigation.
• Managing "Design Change Requests" from production personnel.
• Communicate potential late deliveries to Customer Sales Team and advise amended dispatch dates.
• Promoting and monitoring quality control standards to ensure a safe working environment.
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of Health & Safety are monitored and adhered to on all shop floors.
3. ORGANISATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
Reports directly to the Operations Director.
4. SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
• Preferably Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Experienced production professional, with at least 10 years' experience within a manufacturing / Jobbing Shop environment, 3 years at senior level.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent IT skills including a strong working knowledge of MRP systems
• Ability to improve productivity
• Ability to work to and control multiple deadlines
• Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
• Ability to promote a team working environment
Monday - Friday 07:00-15:00 (to fit in with the shop floor hours)
Agency: UCA Consulting
Contact Name: Richard Lalchan
Contact Email: NA
Telephone: (Apply online only)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £40k + package (BUPA & Private Health Insurance after a qualifying period + Pension Scheme after 3 months service. We also have a potential up to 10% discretionary profit related bonus.)