|Job Ref:||204744309||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£60000 - £70000/annum Package||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
We are working with a global engineering consultancy to identify a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to lead a number of large scale hotel, commercial office and mixed used developments across London.|
Operating from a network of six offices they have a good presence across the UK, UAE and South East Asia and have a reputation for designing and delivering high performing buildings and also for staff development and retention.
Reporting to a Director or Associate, you will be responsible for;
* Designing, Managing and delivering projects from feasibility to PC
* Managing key client accounts and external contractors or specialist consultants
* Managing the Electrical workload and resources on large projects
* Coordinating a team of MEP Engineers
* Carrying out site surveys to ensure electrical installations conform to BS standards and UK Regulations.
* Ensuring engineering calculations and drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards, signing off work.
* Ensuring all projects utilise the most appropriate use of both traditional and renewable energy sources or technologies
* Maintaining the client up to date with progress, discussing and additional services or charges to be invoiced.
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning, privately owned global MEP Design & Sustainability consultancy and become a key member of the Senior Management team.
The Principal Electrical Design Engineer must have a minimum of 8 years' experience as a consulting engineer and have previous experience in large scale commercial (both base build and fit out) and also large scale mixed use developments. You will be used to acting as the project manager / project coordinator on large scale projects (£50M+) and have previous experience in taking full responsibility for both the technical and financial performance of your own projects