|Job Ref:||204744273||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Project / Process Engineer|
Fixed term contract (9-12 Months)
£Competitive + Enhanced package
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project / Process Engineer to join a prestigious and well established global automotive manufacturer based in their plant in Telford. This company boasts an exceptional reputation within their industry and also as an employer of choice within the region. Their vision and values as a business demonstrates their commitment to their employees, customers and the industry as a whole.
Reporting directly into the Production Engineer Manager the Project / Process Engineer will be responsible for understanding and realising the strategic goals and objectives of the engineering department. Main duties for the Project / Process Engineer will include:
• Managing various manufacturing projects to incorporate scheduling all project activities and gateways and continually monitor and track project progress keeping relevant parties informed and updated at all times
• Ensure that Process controls are defined and implemented across the department
• Take a leading role on Process FMEA and control plans
• Provide support on customer visits explaining production capacity and performing equipment demonstrations
• Create manuals and training for new equipment and processes
• Present information on new projects to cross-functional teams
• Identify and implement TPM schedules for machinery, jogs and fixtures
• Maintain capacity and layout plans
• Take a leading role on operation ratios for machines and processes
• Implement improvement plans and analyse labour loss ratios
• Define and analyse long term Kaizen plans
• Identify and implement improvement plans and confirm work configuration
• Conduct capability studies on new and existing products and processes
• Co-ordinate NPI processes through trial builds and training
• Ensure all machines are signed off before product handover
The successful candidate will have experience in managing multiple manufacturing engineering projects. You will be qualified to HND/HNC Level in an engineering discipline and be able to perform and analyse capability studies, process flows with this experience gained within an assembly environment. It is essential that candidates have experience gained within either a 1st/2nd tier automotive manufacturing or an automotive OEM Supplier manufacturing environment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether you're seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you'll find us easy to deal with. Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales. Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment. With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.