|Job Ref:||204744088||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£28000 - £38000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
Project Engineer - Mechanical - Permanent - Newcastle upon Tyne - up to c£38,000pa|
A Project Engineer with a solid background in mechanical engineering within a metal forming or fabrication environment is required to join a globally successful organisation in the Newcastle area who applies innovative metal forming technologies to manufacture cost-effective, single source solutions for customers in the diversified markets of aviation, defence, energy, medical and space systems.
As the Project Engineer you shall lead mechanical design projects to include PFMEA, PDR, CDR and PMR throughout the project lifecycle. You will also provide technical lead/support on New Product Introduction and support the NPI Process whilst providing technical support for machine and process developments.
For the role of Project Engineer you must have the following:
* Experience of engineering processes of either metal forming or fabrication.
* Able to utilise 3D CAD systems.
* Strong understanding of the full life cycle of a product or project.
* Develop engineering trials using a scientific approach.
* Broad knowledge of a variety of engineering processes.
* Able to perform engineering design and analysis with respect to machine components and tooling.
* Previous experience with high strength alloys would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
* Salary: £28,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
* Pension matched up to 6%
* Business Performance Bonus: Up to 5% of your salary.
* Working Hours: Mon-Thurs: 08:30 - 17:00 Fri: 08:30 - 13:00
Interviews for the Project Engineer will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. Start date is flexible depending on notice period and personal circumstances.
For more information on the Project Engineer role please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on (Apply online only) or e-mail
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency