|Job Ref:||204744050||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Biggleswade||Address:||Post Code:||SG18||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:51|
JOB TITLE: Automatic Gate Engineer (Electrical)|
Working in a small specialist team, within a niche, yet growing, marketplace:-
Install new and repair existing, gate automation systems
Install and repair access control systems such as; video/audio, cloud, computer network, proximity, radio control.
Install and repair general domestic and small commercial electrical installations
1) 1st fix: to install power supply and cable runs
2) 1st fix: to support team with installation general duties
3) 2nd fix: to install gate automation, access control, parking systems, CCTV
4) 2nd fix: to set-up, program, Force Test and commission systems
5) To interpret drawings for site/equipment layout and electrical wiring.
6) Fault finding: investigate, diagnose and repair faults to existing systems.
7) To complete routine services to existing systems, completed on a rolling schedule -particular attention being paid to safety systems.
8) To install and repair general domestic and small commercial electrical installations
9) Repair surveys to enable relevant stock to be ordered and repairs to be carried out.
10) Safety system surveys, to ensure potential new and existing customers are offered the correct safety devices to ensure Compliance with Machinery Directive 2006/42/EU
11) To lead site management; liaising with our team, the customer, other relevant trades, to ensure the works are completed effectively and efficiently.
12) To supervise team labourer/apprentice as necessary.
1) Electrical experience essential:
Must be 17th Edition City & Guilds Qualified with Test and Inspect for completion of relevant Certificates
To use a working knowledge of basic circuits at 24 volts.
Able to calculate cable size and circuit design for 230volt domestic installations.
2) Reliably use a working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements, working to SafeContractor/ConstructionLine/CameSafe Standards
3) Able to work unsupervised at skilled level.
4) Able to embrace new and developing technology.
5) Positive outlook, personable and professional attitude
6) Physically fit - occasional heavy lifting will be required
7) Positive attitude to working outside throughout the year
8) Knowledge of process control is an advantage.
9) Mechanical skills preferable.
10) Driving licence essential
1) Direct customer liaison as required
2) Update stock records as result of stock used
3) Before leaving site - clear-up and update customer
4) Assist gate/steelwork moving and hanging
5) Load/unload van/trailer
Full Certified training will be given in gate automation and safety systems.
Company van/tools, Company uniform and Health and Safety equipment, will be provided as necessary.
This is a full-time, established post, with six months probationary period